Nbisiing Binoojii Naakdawenmind (Child Welfare Prevention Program) provides children, youth and families with programs in the community to enhance the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of our children and youth utilizing a holistic approach.
Our programming is split between two age groups: 6-12 years and 13 -24 years. We have a male and a female support worker who work hard to coordinate new and exciting programs each month to keep our youth engaged. Some of this programming includes:
- Craft and Movie Nights
- Kids’ Socials and Theme Nights
- Family Programming including Moccasin Making, Shaker & Rattle making.
The Child Welfare Prevention Program continues to facilitate and develop special projects while working with other community programs in various educational activities throughout the year.
- Welcoming Babies with Lawrence Commanda Health Centre (LCHC);
- National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration;
- Movie Nights with NFN Food Bank.
Julie Dalgliesh, Child Welfare Program Supervisor
Katie Lariviere, Prevention Worker (ages 13-24)
Victoria Linklater, Prevention Worker (ages 6-12)
To contact staff by email, please visit our Contact Us page.