Our Addictions Services have extended to include a new Culturally Based Community Withdrawal Management Program. These staff are housed within our Giyak Moseng office. This program is a comprehensive staged approach to implementing a withdrawal management program premised on a harm reduction philosophy with culture at the foundation of the program. The goal of the program is to build community capacity to better support individuals and families struggling with substance abuse. Land based activities, teachings, ceremonies and cultural camps will enhance the existing services of Giyak Moseng (The Right Path) Counselling & Prevention Services.
Please click here to view a brochure with more information.
Community Withdrawal Management program video series:
- Mskwabiimgnagoohns (Part 1)
- Mskwabiimgnagoohns (Part 2)
- Tobacco Ties
- Chaga tea and lighting a fire
- Shkode kinoogmaagewinan
- Turtle Teaching
- Waabooyanibag (Part 1)
- Waabooyanibag (Part 2)
- Poplar Buds (Maanzaat)
- Dandelions (Doodooshaaboo jiibig)
- Sacred Circles
- Magakii Widaasan (Pitcher Plant)
- Nmemneaankweaa (Prairie Smoke)
- Gaagaagiwaandag (Juniper)
- Wiigwaas Mshkiki (Birchbark Medicine)
- Gzhiibosegaateaa (Jewelweed)
- Giniinhsan (Rose Petal Medicine)
To make a referral or to access services or program information please contact or drop by our office.
Giyak Moseng – The Right Path Counselling & Prevention Services
Nipissing First Nation Health Services
316 Ted Commanda Drive
Garden Village, ON P2B 3K2
To contact staff by email, please visit our Contact Us page.