The Human Resources (HR) department is responsible for overseeing the recruitment and selection processes, and implementing the Human Resources Policy with the goal of promoting harmonious employee/employer relations. Some of the additional functions our department provides include:
- Administering and overseeing employee benefit programs
- Developing, promoting and enforcing personnel policies
- Attendance & Disability management
- Providing guidance regarding disciplinary actions, workplace injuries or accidents and personnel matters.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating policies, programs and procedures for employees
- Providing opportunities for training and development
- Confidential management of HR records
As per Nipissing First Nation’s hiring procedures, the following steps are used for screening and recruitment processes:
- 1st round postings: open to registered Nipissing First Nation members
- 2nd round postings: open to spouses of registered Nipissing First Nation members and registered members of other First Nations.
- 3rd round postings: open to all applicants (status and non-status)
Nipissing First Nation members are encouraged to apply to all rounds of employment postings. As per Section 24(1)(a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, Nipissing First Nation gives preference to First Nation applicants for any employment opportunities.
All current postings can be viewed on our Employment Opportunities page.
Please submit employment applications to:
Human Resources Department
Nipissing First Nation
36 Semo Road, Garden Village ON P2B 3K2
Email: [email protected]
To contact staff by email, please visit our Contact Us page.